Do you like swapping Kandi at raves?

• Yes!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
Hi there! As the title says, I need some advice from all you guys who've been to a rave before, So I hope I can get some answers/advice! :)

Okay, I'm going to FL metrocon in July, and I've never been to a rave before (although I've been dreaming about it for years), and the only Kandi I have is the stuff I've made, so i'd like to swap with people and I heard a lot that ravers love to swap Kandi! And i'm talking about just the regular one piece bracelet's. I don't think anyone would wanna swap me their cuffs & other types for just my bracelets. :p

So my question is, How would I go about asking? I wouldn't wanna bug anyone, but yet I really want to have kandi from other ravers too so I can truly feel like a Raver. So how would I ask? Would I just walk up to people who aren't busy & tell them I like their kandi and ask if they would want to swap some? I have no idea & i'm afraid i'd make people mad. :(

I also heard that people who are more experienced ravers like to give Kandi to people who are just getting started, So is that true? But I'm just curious about that, I'm not going to be asking people to give me their Kandi or anything. :)

So advice is greatly appreciated! ^-^

ALSO - I got one more question...

The only Kandi I make is with a pack of beads I got a while back and I made some bracelets, but I haven't for a while because everytime I do, the string that came with it (which is just some clear, stretchy string) wears down and starts to get more & more thin until it breaks. :( So i'm also curious if anyone knows of better, stronger stretchy string that won't break as easy, because I made a Kandi for S3RL & i'm going to give it to him, but I noticed that the string is wearing down and would like to give it better string, along with all my other bracelet's. :)

Also, if it could be cheap or not too expensive that would help because I'm not rich. :p

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read this and possibly giving me advice! :D

Reactions: Superman

Superman

Owner, Head Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Hi there! As the title says, I need some advice from all you guys who've been to a rave before, So I hope I can get some answers/advice! :)

Okay, I'm going to FL metrocon in July, and I've never been to a rave before (although I've been dreaming about it for years), and the only Kandi I have is the stuff I've made, so i'd like to swap with people and I heard a lot that ravers love to swap Kandi! And i'm talking about just the regular one piece bracelet's. I don't think anyone would wanna swap me their cuffs & other types for just my bracelets. :p

So my question is, How would I go about asking? I wouldn't wanna bug anyone, but yet I really want to have kandi from other ravers too so I can truly feel like a Raver. So how would I ask? Would I just walk up to people who aren't busy & tell them I like their kandi and ask if they would want to swap some? I have no idea & i'm afraid i'd make people mad. :(

I also heard that people who are more experienced ravers like to give Kandi to people who are just getting started, So is that true? But I'm just curious about that, I'm not going to be asking people to give me their Kandi or anything. :)

The only Kandi I make is with a pack of beads I got a while back and I made some bracelets, but I haven't for a while because everytime I do, the string that came with it (which is just some clear, stretchy string) wears down and starts to get more & more thin until it breaks. :( So i'm also curious if anyone knows of better, stronger stretchy string that won't break as easy, because I made a Kandi for S3RL & i'm going to give it to him, but I noticed that the string is wearing down and would like to give it better string, along with all my other bracelet's. :)

Also, if it could be cheap or not too expensive that would help because I'm not rich. :p

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read this and possibly giving me advice! :D
I am here to answer hopefully all your questions! :p

Well i spoke about this a little before, but i will say it again here. Kandi Kids love to trade, and they are always willing to give things up for nothing in return. A lot of the times i would give away singles and ask for nothing in return. Now on the subject of Cuffs & and larger pieces of kandi.

I wouldn't normally give away a cuff just if someone asked me, but i will always trade for one, it doesn't have to be for a another cuff. It could just be for a single that i like, or if i just feel great vibes off of someone i don't mind giving away large pieces of kandi. It all depends, but to me as long as you are having fun & give off good vibes i don't think anyone would mind trading a cuff for a few singles. :h:

Really to me it comes down to what kandi is used for. Kandi is to trade, not to make then horde. If i made i cuff & traded it away it wouldn't bother me. The only thing i do not like doing is trading cuffs that i already traded for, there is too much of a bond for me to trade that piece away.

And for the part about more experienced ravers just giving kandi to people that are getting started is true :p I try to do it as much as i can! Feels good to lightin my 40 pound kandi arm and spread some love XD

& the only time a kandi kid will get mad is if a piece of kandi breaks and goes everywhere! :(

I hope that answers your first question, and if you want me to try and explain something again just ask :) :h:

Question 2:
If you are looking for good cord i use Elastic Stretch Cord, it normally costs around 6 - 10 bucks for 20ft or so.
Looks like this:
il_570xN.496914831_h8ua.jpg

Then once you tie it 3 times or so, i use super glue on the knot i made so it can't come undone. I find that is the best way to make sure it doesn't break :h:

If you have any more questions you can ask me :p

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
Thanks SO much for the advice! :D I really appreciate it beyond words! So i'm guessing the best way to ask is to just be myself & polite (which is also included in being myself I suppose) And ask if they'd want to swap singles for singles? Or a cuff for singles if I get the courage to ask! But... I'm gonna have to get some courage for that first, But i'm sure i'll be fine & will, I'm just a bit worryish sometimes. :p

That's so awesome that the rave community is as nice as I thought! I'm going to be getting some of that string + more beads and make a bunch to swap! And then once such a thing happens i'll post pics of it all on the kandi part of the forum. :) But I also think it's sweet that they love to give their Kandi away, I do that a lot with my baby brother. I love to wear my kandi (which is only about 3 bracelets at the moment since the string frays and when it breaks I can't find a lot of the beads so i'm saving the beads for when I get better string) But I don't wear it because my baby brother Hunter LOVES Kandi! Whenever he sees it he yells 'Kandi!' in his sweetest little voice and I feel all happy inside and let him wear it. Because even though I like to wear it myself, I like to see him happy more & it honestly makes me feel even happier to see someone else happy. :h:

I'll actually be trying to learn to make cuffs myself once I get more beads and better string, but I think Kandi should be traded too! Although I'm probably going to have a LOT of it! :D I'd like to have it all up my arms at least to my elbow and layer it! But I wouldn't mind trading any of them unless they were ones I really liked, were super pretty or special to me like for example, The one I made with my dogs name on it, or my one that says ;Rave Time; because it was one of my first pieces! But other then that I'd be happy to trade with other people and give mine away too! :)

Yay! Maybe someone that i'm swapping with would give me a piece or two, I can't wait to have more Kandi! I honestly love it, It's so pretty! *-*

Yeah, I get so upset when I feel the string pop & then see the beads bounce all over the floor! My first one went that way, well actually a lot of them went that way but I was super sad about my first piece. But hopefully with the string & super glue I won't have to be sad anymore! Or at least as much. :)

Now i'm officially 100x more excited then I was before, Which I didn't think was even possible since i'm already so excited! :D

That sounds great! I'm going to be getting some soon! And I never even thought about using super glue! I'll do that on the new ones I make for myself to keep + on the one for S3RL and the ones I'm going to swap/give to people! :)

Thanks for such kindness dude! But I hope I'm not bugging you asking for more advice, But is there anything I should or shouldn't do? I wanna get the full experience and most amount of fun out of my first rave!

Again, Thank you SO SO much for the advice! I really appreciate it! :h:

Superman

Owner, Head Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Thanks SO much for the advice! :D I really appreciate it beyond words! So i'm guessing the best way to ask is to just be myself & polite (which is also included in being myself I suppose) And ask if they'd want to swap singles for singles? Or a cuff for singles if I get the courage to ask! But... I'm gonna have to get some courage for that first, But i'm sure i'll be fine & will, I'm just a bit worryish sometimes. :p

That's so awesome that the rave community is as nice as I thought! I'm going to be getting some of that string + more beads and make a bunch to swap! And then once such a thing happens i'll post pics of it all on the kandi part of the forum. :) But I also think it's sweet that they love to give their Kandi away, I do that a lot with my baby brother. I love to wear my kandi (which is only about 3 bracelets at the moment since the string frays and when it breaks I can't find a lot of the beads so i'm saving the beads for when I get better string) But I don't wear it because my baby brother Hunter LOVES Kandi! Whenever he sees it he yells 'Kandi!' in his sweetest little voice and I feel all happy inside and let him wear it. Because even though I like to wear it myself, I like to see him happy more & it honestly makes me feel even happier to see someone else happy. :h:

I'll actually be trying to learn to make cuffs myself once I get more beads and better string, but I think Kandi should be traded too! Although I'm probably going to have a LOT of it! :D I'd like to have it all up my arms at least to my elbow and layer it! But I wouldn't mind trading any of them unless they were ones I really liked, were super pretty or special to me like for example, The one I made with my dogs name on it, or my one that says ;Rave Time; because it was one of my first pieces! But other then that I'd be happy to trade with other people and give mine away too! :)

Yay! Maybe someone that i'm swapping with would give me a piece or two, I can't wait to have more Kandi! I honestly love it, It's so pretty! *-*

Yeah, I get so upset when I feel the string pop & then see the beads bounce all over the floor! My first one went that way, well actually a lot of them went that way but I was super sad about my first piece. But hopefully with the string & super glue I won't have to be sad anymore! Or at least as much. :)

Now i'm officially 100x more excited then I was before, Which I didn't think was even possible since i'm already so excited! :D

That sounds great! I'm going to be getting some soon! And I never even thought about using super glue! I'll do that on the new ones I make for myself to keep + on the one for S3RL and the ones I'm going to swap/give to people! :)

Thanks for such kindness dude! But I hope I'm not bugging you asking for more advice, But is there anything I should or shouldn't do? I wanna get the full experience and most amount of fun out of my first rave!

Again, Thank you SO SO much for the advice! I really appreciate it! :h:
No problem :p
*Sorry for late response :( Been busy...*

Don't worry, most of the people that i have met at events are nice people ;P

Kandi is great, and everyone that has / makes / trades is great too ;P

Make sure to share your creations here :)

And don't worry you are not bugging me XD I would say just have fun, meet new people, trade & have fun :p Make sure to be safe too that helps XD

Wish i could make this longer, but it is 1am and i am kinda tired, and i want to get some sleeeeeep!
If you want to ask me anything PM me or message me again here, i norammlly respond faster to PM's just kinda how it works sometimes!

:h: Plur

KawaiiKiki

Moderator, Little Kandi Raver
Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com

HOLY CRAP YO SO GLAD I SAW THIS POST HELLO I AM THE LAME KANDI KID THAT IS ALWAYS AT THE CLUB AYEEEEEE
Anyways, literally just ask if you wanna trade. Not knowing the handshake doesn't make you a raver or not, I learned it at my first rave, learn it at yours. It's magical, there's no right way to do kandi so don't were think you gotta be perf or something :p
And people give kandi all the time, hell I have like three bags on my bed as we speak because a good mate of mine gave me kandi and I was like BRO STOP GIVING ME KANDI I HAVE TO KEEP MAKING YOU PIECES BACK (They're old, they won't ever stop but it's sweet I don't *actually* want to stop giving them kandi either haha) Anyways, "more experienced" ravers give kandi all the time. There two types though, I know ravers who give kandi to people at their first rave and then theres the super oldskool ravers who only give kandi to people to make a connection with at an event. I sometimes give kandi to people at their first raves and I still do but I think as time goes on, it loses it's specialness so to make up for that, I started doing what the oldies showed me recently and I only make/give pieces to people I make a solid connection with and have a heart to heart. So whatever you do, my advice is show some passion and love for the event and music and just be nice. :) GIVE KANDI ALL THE TIME WHENEVER, no one is busy at a rave :p Enjoy the time! Make some friends, fall in love with that music, and take lots of video!!! :D
I made a post about kandi on here :pPPPP I'll sum it up and say I use elastic cord, it's like rainbow and not plastic. Good stuff. Walmart has it where I am.

But seriously, I remember walking into my first rave and being like I WANNA BE A REAL RAVER TOO but as soon as I went in there, it's just people dancing. I fell so in love with the music that it's more than "ravers" and I urge you to see it like that. Going for the music makes someone a raver IMO (and maybe the sick styles that come out of this scene). Have fun, so happy to hear you're going. I wish I was going, I love anime con raves, they're so cheesy and cute. M-Project is amazing you will super enjoy him also. I wish I was going sad face :p

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
HOLY CRAP YO SO GLAD I SAW THIS POST HELLO I AM THE LAME KANDI KID THAT IS ALWAYS AT THE CLUB AYEEEEEE
Anyways, literally just ask if you wanna trade. Not knowing the handshake doesn't make you a raver or not, I learned it at my first rave, learn it at yours. It's magical, there's no right way to do kandi so don't were think you gotta be perf or something :p
And people give kandi all the time, hell I have like three bags on my bed as we speak because a good mate of mine gave me kandi and I was like BRO STOP GIVING ME KANDI I HAVE TO KEEP MAKING YOU PIECES BACK (They're old, they won't ever stop but it's sweet I don't *actually* want to stop giving them kandi either haha) Anyways, "more experienced" ravers give kandi all the time. There two types though, I know ravers who give kandi to people at their first rave and then theres the super oldskool ravers who only give kandi to people to make a connection with at an event. I sometimes give kandi to people at their first raves and I still do but I think as time goes on, it loses it's specialness so to make up for that, I started doing what the oldies showed me recently and I only make/give pieces to people I make a solid connection with and have a heart to heart. So whatever you do, my advice is show some passion and love for the event and music and just be nice. :) GIVE KANDI ALL THE TIME WHENEVER, no one is busy at a rave :p Enjoy the time! Make some friends, fall in love with that music, and take lots of video!!! :D
I made a post about kandi on here :pPPPP I'll sum it up and say I use elastic cord, it's like rainbow and not plastic. Good stuff. Walmart has it where I am.

But seriously, I remember walking into my first rave and being like I WANNA BE A REAL RAVER TOO but as soon as I went in there, it's just people dancing. I fell so in love with the music that it's more than "ravers" and I urge you to see it like that. Going for the music makes someone a raver IMO (and maybe the sick styles that come out of this scene). Have fun, so happy to hear you're going. I wish I was going, I love anime con raves, they're so cheesy and cute. M-Project is amazing you will super enjoy him also. I wish I was going sad face :p

Okay! I'll just ask then! (politely of course! :p) And I mean't busy as in they were talking to someone, listening to the music and didn't want to be bugged etc etc, I hear us Ravers are always happy (I know i'm one of those for sure!) but I've never been to one so I've yet to experience it for myself. But i'll definitely give lots of Kandi (already bought 5 thousand beads & may get more! :D) And i'll be SUPER nice! I'm ALWAYS nice & truly hate making someone upset. So I'll be nice, And I can't fall in love with the music at the rave, because I fell in love with it long ago & am hopelessly in love with it already. But I WILL fall in love with going to raves! That I will! :)

I feel like that right now, I feel like i'm not a real one because I've never been to one, but more then one Raver has told me that as long as I feel for it & love it then you don't have to go to them to be a real raver, They said I already am one, And I know thi partly, But i'll feel much better once I can say that I've been to one too. That I've been with my fellow people & felt the lovely feeling of the music very loud and I personally really just ant to swap Kandi & make friends and say PLUR with them. It'll be so wonderful! My sisters don't say PLUR with me. :( So I really want to be around others like me who go my PLUR too. :)

I can't wait to see all the dancing people! I LOVE dancing! And I love dancing my own way too! I'm not really into certain moves, I just move to how the music makes me feel, if that makes sense... :p

I'm probably gonna get the string that Superman told me about. But if you could show me a link & or picture of the stuff that you ue that'd be great so I can check that out too! :D

I will take SO MUCH video & pics! And that picture with S3RL... I'm way to excited about this... :p You know what? No i'm not, You can never be too excited about something you love!!! :)

I'll also give a good listen to M-Project! & i'll try my hardest to get good video so you can see it. :) AND I wish you could go too! We could swap Kandi if we see each other there! :D

So i'll make sure to get out of my shell, just ask people if they want to swap, be nice, take way to many pictures & video ( :p ) and most importantly, Have fun! (and get that picture with S3RL :p) But even if I couldn't get that I'd still enjoy myself & have fun because this is what I've been waiting for, for soooooooooooo long! And dream will finally be reality! :)

Edited to say this - I looked at your how to make Kandi thread and clicked the string... I was gonna get the same string when I started to try to make cuffs! :D So now i'm definitely getting some of that!

Last edited:
Reactions: KawaiiKiki