Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
Hi there!

I first came across S3RL's music on the old www.di.fm site, while listening to a mix on the Hardcore channel.
The song that suddenly started playing was Transformers and it captured my attention from the get-go.
The song was so amazing that I instantly fell in love with his sound and that was just from 1 song!!!
I think I actually heard multiple songs by him in that mix when I come to think of it.
Back then di.fm was linked with happyhardcore.com/radio and it had a tracklist of the mix playing so I could write them down to check out later which benefited me immensely! (I also posted some tracklists of my own under this nick or Niko22 on the Hardcore di.fm forums ^^,)

While listening to di.fm a lot I eventually got adviced to use something called streamripper, which would basically record whatever I was listening to. That program is what took me so deep into Hardcore, because I could save it on my pc and listen to it whenever I wanted. I just couldn't get enough of the genre at all.
Then later on I found out about trackitdown.net and that's when I started buying his songs/remixes.
Not just to support him that way, but I genuinely liked all the songs I wanted to purchase and it gave me the full track without anything else after or before the song that you got by using streamripper.
As my life went by so did my following of his music and he kept amazing me with new choons over and over again.

To this day I STILL simply can't get enough of the Hardcore genre and that amazes me a lot.
I have now bought 202 S3RL songs/remixes from different sites (mostly trackitdown) that are saved on my pc in a folder dedicated to S3RL and I actually like every single one of them which is just astonishing to me..
He is also a really cool guy in general! He answers me on facebook and he is obviously brilliant with his fans when being on tour and stuff from what I have seen people posting on facebook about him. Mostly him in a picture with a fan, which there are soooo many of I don't even know...

He has told me that he is planning to hold an event in Norway and I seriously can't wait to get to finally experience him LIVE after all these years following him since his beginning in 2006 and Transformers release.
I wanted to vote for my top 5 songs for his 10 Year Anniversary Mix. However I was forced to sign up before I could, and therefore I also decided to write all this afterwards.

S3RL Forever!

Superman

Owner, Head Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Hi there!

I first came across S3RL's music on the old www.di.fm site, while listening to a mix on the Hardcore channel.
The song that suddenly started playing was Transformers and it captured my attention from the get-go.
The song was so amazing that I instantly fell in love with his sound and that was just from 1 song!!!
I think I actually heard multiple songs by him in that mix when I come to think of it.
Back then di.fm was linked with happyhardcore.com/radio and it had a tracklist of the mix playing so I could write them down to check out later which benefited me immensely! (I also posted some tracklists of my own under this nick or Niko22 on the Hardcore di.fm forums ^^,)

While listening to di.fm a lot I eventually got adviced to use something called streamripper, which would basically record whatever I was listening to. That program is what took me so deep into Hardcore, because I could save it on my pc and listen to it whenever I wanted. I just couldn't get enough of the genre at all.
Then later on I found out about trackitdown.net and that's when I started buying his songs/remixes.
Not just to support him that way, but I genuinely liked all the songs I wanted to purchase and it gave me the full track without anything else after or before the song that you got by using streamripper.
As my life went by so did my following of his music and he kept amazing me with new choons over and over again.

To this day I STILL simply can't get enough of the Hardcore genre and that amazes me a lot.
I have now bought 202 S3RL songs/remixes from different sites (mostly trackitdown) that are saved on my pc in a folder dedicated to S3RL and I actually like every single one of them which is just astonishing to me..
He is also a really cool guy in general! He answers me on facebook and he is obviously brilliant with his fans when being on tour and stuff from what I have seen people posting on facebook about him. Mostly him in a picture with a fan, which there are soooo many of I don't even know...

He has told me that he is planning to hold an event in Norway and I seriously can't wait to get to finally experience him LIVE after all these years following him since his beginning in 2006 and Transformers release.
I wanted to vote for my top 5 songs for his 10 Year Anniversary Mix. However I was forced to sign up before I could, and therefore I also decided to write all this afterwards.

S3RL Forever!
Hey Nico22,

Thanks for the story :p & the cool new site to find tooons
It is always good to meet other S3RL fans with such dedication, i spent sooo much money on S3RL songs......

S3RL is pretty great :p Always cares about the fans / the HHC community :h:

Also i hope you feel signing up for this site wasn't a burden..... Just kinda the only way to see which fans vote for what. And to make sure they are real people too...

But i hope you enjoy it around here, and hope you stay awhile.
I will write a better response when it isn't 1 am. But for now again thanks for sharing your story!

If you ever need anything feel free to PM me or reply to me here :p

Spread those PLUR S3RL Vibes :h:

Reactions: Nico22

KawaiiKiki

Moderator, Little Kandi Raver
Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
Aww this is so sweet. :)

Glad you found the music, I had a similar experience with a first song. That's awesome about Norway, I hope it is everything you dreamed of :) remember to breathe and that he is a person who is prob just as happy to see you too! How sweet, music bringing people together is wonderful. Bless you

Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
Aww this is so sweet. :)

Glad you found the music, I had a similar experience with a first song. That's awesome about Norway, I hope it is everything you dreamed of :) remember to breathe and that he is a person who is prob just as happy to see you too! How sweet, music bringing people together is wonderful. Bless you

Hey! I forgot my password to this site and recently when I thought I had reset it and made a new one, I didn't see the error at the bottom of the screen because of the "too weak" thingy and so I had to redo the process now ^^,

Well his trip to Norway turned out to just be something he did for the russ if you know what that is. The famous newspaper "The Sun" actually just wrote a story about it a few days ago lol. So yeah it was just an intimate concert and not a big show. Besides it was far away from where I live and yeah for russ only I guess. Wouldn't want to be in the middle of all the crap the russ do anyways so.

Haha, I wouldn't have any trouble breathing next to him at all, or the queen of England for that matter.
We are all human/equal, but yeah I guess that's forgettable when you see Justin Bieber fanatics literally risking their lives to talk/see/hear him LOL. It would have been a cool experience to meet S3RL in person tho ;)

KawaiiKiki

Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
I'm super glad you had fun at the Norway gig man!

I met Jole only a handful of times.. I get really flustered thinking about it tbh haha. He gets nicer and cooler everytime I saw him :)

jcool01

Feb 10, 2016
Maryland, USA
Hi there!

S3RL Forever!
Awesome man, S3RL is also the guy whose music got me hooked into the hardcore area, also have you checked out Beatport for music? Their not bad at all for finding new music too. Anyways hopefully we see you around and keep on rocking to the beats!

Icywhisker

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Catia
I've said this before, but not the whole story. As some of you may know, I discovered S3RL's music unintentionally back in 2012 amongst a giant .zip file from Limewire that was downloaded many years ago... I had no idea who the artist was and somehow, I related la-di-da to Sara and when I found MTC later on, I finally recognized the miracle I was listening to. from there, I started actively searching for s3rl's music. To this day, I have uncovered several songs that have not been released, one of which is solely on my youtube channel with the express permission from S3RL himself to keep it there (I have no idea what superman has planned with this song so stay tuned) anyway, I have 188 S3RL songs as of this moment. It has taken me quite some time to purchase what I have and I do not regret it. I do not regret anything I might have had to go through to get where I am. I can freely rave with loud music in my ears to the best DJ I have ever known. It has been MONTHS since I listened to anything other than s3rl on a regular basis. with the huge variety of music s3rl has produced, I can go weeks without getting sick of him on just one song! then I move to the next. It so easily repeatable and not many music artists can accomplish that feat the way s3rl does

this next bit is for you @Superman because I don't think you saw the messages I said in chat last week:
I really want to thank you for setting up such a nice community here. Thank you for developing this site and giving me so many options to find others who love s3rl just as much as I do.

Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
I'm super glad you had fun at the Norway gig man!

I met Jole only a handful of times.. I get really flustered thinking about it tbh haha. He gets nicer and cooler everytime I saw him :)

Thanks but I never met him, so I don't know where you got that from ? ^^,
Maybe you should read what I said one more time : P
Yeah, he seems like a genuinely nice guy for sure!

Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
Awesome man, S3RL is also the guy whose music got me hooked into the hardcore area, also have you checked out Beatport for music? Their not bad at all for finding new music too. Anyways hopefully we see you around and keep on rocking to the beats!
:)

Yeah I checked out beatport many years ago, but I can't recall why I didn't use it and perhaps didn't like it ? Hmm...

Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
I've said this before, but not the whole story. As some of you may know, I discovered S3RL's music unintentionally back in 2012 amongst a giant .zip file from Limewire that was downloaded many years ago... I had no idea who the artist was and somehow, I related la-di-da to Sara and when I found MTC later on, I finally recognized the miracle I was listening to. from there, I started actively searching for s3rl's music. To this day, I have uncovered several songs that have not been released, one of which is solely on my youtube channel with the express permission from S3RL himself to keep it there (I have no idea what superman has planned with this song so stay tuned) anyway, I have 188 S3RL songs as of this moment. It has taken me quite some time to purchase what I have and I do not regret it. I do not regret anything I might have had to go through to get where I am. I can freely rave with loud music in my ears to the best DJ I have ever known. It has been MONTHS since I listened to anything other than s3rl on a regular basis. with the huge variety of music s3rl has produced, I can go weeks without getting sick of him on just one song! then I move to the next. It so easily repeatable and not many music artists can accomplish that feat the way s3rl does

Things often seem to happen unintentionally, so I'm not so certain that they are in fact unintentional discoveries anymore after all ;)
It's easy to see your passion for S3RL and you sound like an ever bigger fan than me, haha! (I'm not competing, just an observation)
I listen to a lot of different types of music, but what you say about not getting bored of his sound is really interesting..
I myself have bought 204 productions by S3RL (so far) And it's because I wanted to contribute to him as an artist and also because I would get the best quality / full song! The other day I found myself wanting to hear some music and ended up listening to the whole 10 years of S3RL mix! Not that I haven't before, but there's something about his music, the way he plays around with the sound/vocal that is so much to my liking! Not to mention the emotions each song/remix brings! I can't seem to get enough of Hardcore music in general ?!
I've pretty much been listening to this since 2005 when I discovered it (explained in the story below : P) That's now 11 years ago!
Holy **** I'm an addict :O (HELP MEEE!!) Oh.. Nevermind I like it this way :D

Limewire! Haha
I also used that back in the day, and that actually brings me to how I discovered Hardcore music myself!
I was playing a game called: Counter-Strike 1.6 in 2005 and specifically this mod in the game that was all about jumping/climbing different maps with a timer, a bragging list (best times by players) and such.. Apart from that the community was also into doing jumping tricks as well as finishing maps. People started creating movies where they showed off their skills in all kind of ways. 1 of those movies were: "Potatismos" (Swedish word for mashed potatoes). It was edited by a French player and it featured himself + a Swedish and a Danish player. I'm including all this to make you understand how far from Techno/Hardcore music this is and that the thought didn't even cross my mind at that time. The movie starts with a slow song (Craig Armstrong - As If You Said Nothing) and there are glimpses of the upcoming tricks, then suddenly..

A player enters a room, standing right in front of a big speaker (in one of these maps) he shoots it once with a pistol and out of the blue comes something so energetic and out of this world that it basically blew my mind.. ''(O_O)''
The song keeps going while the editor has cleverly made everything that you see go perfectly synced to the sound and I'm just left speechless about what I am experiencing. WHAT THE **** IS THIS MUSIC ?! Forget Techno, holy **** this is like some kind of Next Level Techno ?! The song eventually stops and he uses some rap music and stuff, but my mind is still just mesmerized from the sick feeling that song gave me. Then the outro with the end credits comes and I frantically look for what on earth that song could be, I NEEDED TO HEAR IT AGAIN! Love at first sound!

I went on Limewire and searched for what it said: DJ Hixxy - Bonkers X (Thinking that DJ Hixxy was the artist and that the song was called Bonkers X) I found other songs by Hixxy: Summer Sensation for instance, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, THAT SONG!! I literally spent DAYS searching Limewire for every possible song to hear that one again.. Then I think I started searching on google for Bonkers X and eventually realized that it was an album ?! I think I then found a cover picture and went through all the songs to find the right one. That must have been when I finally got to hear it or at least most of it again! Because it wasn't the exact same..
Upon asking the guy who had made the movie, he told me that he had mixed 2 songs from the Bonkers X album into 1 song.
So.. The first song I ever heard which I literally labeled: The genre over Techno (since I had no idea what to call it back then) was:
"Breeze & Styles - The Beat Kicks" From exactly when the first drop starts (Because that's the part it starts from when shooting the speaker in that map)

I know this isn't really S3RL related, but that is the beginning of how I later on (the next year I think), discovered Transformers in a mix on either happyhardcore.com or di.fm/hardcore.
I've been a S3RL prisoner ever since! ^^,

Last edited:

Icywhisker

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Catia
I've been a S3RL prisoner ever since! ^^,
Yes. He is a control freak. fer sure. he has saved the rave many times over. he gives us clickbait that we are helpless to resist. He is my superhero. My savior. He is everything I listen to now, everything I believe in. S3RL has made many of my days, a more bearable one. I just don't know how I can express the gratitude I have because of the AMAZING melodies he has provided us.

Nico22

Jun 23, 2016
Yes. He is a control freak. fer sure. he has saved the rave many times over. he gives us clickbait that we are helpless to resist. He is my superhero. My savior. He is everything I listen to now, everything I believe in. S3RL has made many of my days, a more bearable one. I just don't know how I can express the gratitude I have because of the AMAZING melodies he has provided us.

Not sure if you tried to use his titles for fun in there or just wrote it like that ^^,
Do you listen to other Hardcore artists as well ? I have discovered so much good music!
S3RL has contributed hugely to the Hardcore scene that's for sure yeah!

Icywhisker

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Catia
Not sure if you tried to use his titles for fun in there or just wrote it like that ^^,
Do you listen to other Hardcore artists as well?
To be honest, I have not found another artist I like as much as S3RL. Nothing really compares to his music. Sure, I listen to DJ Splash or Basshunter sometimes, but still..... nothing compares.
and yes, I find myself quoting lyrics or song titles from the amazing S3RL all the time now.
Back to the previous topic. The only other artists I could say I like almost as much as S3RL are either Linkin Park or Three days grace. I can get into anything that brings emotion out of me. Linkin park's "Leave out all the rest" hits me soooooo hard every time I listen to it. Three days grace's "Wake up" and "Get out alive" has the same effect.

KawaiiKiki

Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
Thanks but I never met him, so I don't know where you got that from ? ^^,
Maybe you should read what I said one more time : P
Yeah, he seems like a genuinely nice guy for sure!
No I was saying that's rad that you had fun in Norway! And that when you meet him, don't be like me who can't really make real words HAHAH