Welcome to Our Community

Want to join the S3RL fan community? It's free, sign up today <3

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ERROR
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Legal Agreements Changing

Hey Guest,

As our site grows keeping this community safe is a greater priority, for that reason we have some of our legal notices changing around the site.

New DJS3RL.com Legal Hub

If you agree to these changes no need to do anything as any updates will automatically come into effect. If you do not wish to accept the changes, please contact [email protected] to remove your account, after please refrain from using any aspect of djs3rl.com.

Message An Admin To Remove My Account

~Superman

S3RL feat Minto - Put Your Phones Up

Discussion in 'S3RL Song Talk' started by Superman, Feb 1, 2016.

?

Do you like this sooong?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Kinda

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I can't vote, im not real.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Toooo the windoww! To the Wall!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Why does Superman add soo much options? He really doesn't know but i think he should maybe go to bed

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. The only option i see is HELL Yeah i love this song! Put my phone up!!!

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Superman

Superman Owner, Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Huge Site Supporter S3RL Super Fan Supporter

2. The_Pichu_Squad

The_Pichu_Squad The Party Pokemon Squad
    Staff Member Moderator Huge Site Supporter S3RL Super Fan Supporter

That's an other great new song
    It was worth the wait

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bad_Wolf_Queen

Bad_Wolf_Queen Active Member
    S3RL Super Fan

(Where's the voting thing? o_0) It's a great song!! Except... I really agree with this person
    MrMcPsycho 3 hours ago
    Kinda portrays the modern society. I'm not old enough to go to a rave, but i'm worried that when i am, i won't be able to dance because people'll get pissy.
    ^ Exactly! I don't care if the person behind me is trying to video tape some thing, I want to dance -o-
    Great song tho! And fabulous vocals! >D<

• Like Like x 1
  4. Superman

Superman Owner, Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Huge Site Supporter S3RL Super Fan Supporter

Voting added :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Razor Sharp

Razor Sharp Member

Don't worry you will be fine :) It's only at the huge festival events where they generally tend to be so crammed that you can't really dance but that's only at the main stage, most of the other stages are usually much quieter ;) The underground raves and club nights are nowhere as big as festivals, so there is usually heaps of space to dance and most of the ravers who attend just go to dance so you won't hardly see anyone put there phone up at all unless it's a superstar or international guest DJ playing at the time ;)

6. Razor Sharp

Razor Sharp Member

I love this song so much!! S3RL is so awesome for having the cheek to make this song, it's very cheeky like a lot of his songs and I love him for it :) he dares to be different and I'm surprised there aren't a lot more songs about this phone in the air business :p Anyway my favorite part is the break down where the beat goes much slower, I also :h: S3RL and Minto's vocals but most of all I love the secret message!!!! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mickey_Lolicon

Mickey_Lolicon New Member

The song is really good, I like the message in the lyrics...
    and its so good that when I hear it I just ''can't control my body'' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Its also the complete opposite of space invader one of my favorite song,
    instead of ''get out of the way im trying to dance'' its ''dance somewhere else im trying to film''

• Like Like x 1
  8. S3RL

S3RL The Real S3RL
    Staff Member The Real S3RL

Track Trivia
    This one was inspired by seeing the QDance live streams at a friends house. Seeing so many people not dancing at such a quality 'dance' event was just begging for satire =P
    Also being a very experimental sounding track (that I knew a lot of people probably wouldn't like), I thought I should offset that with the secret, more 'classic' S3RL sounding track for the more attentive fans =)

• Like Like x 6
  9. Razor Sharp

Razor Sharp Member

Haha "begging for satire" your prerogative is 110% justifiable ;)
    I have a strong feeling the people who dislike 'Put Your Phones Up' are the culprits who actually put their phones up and there is a very strong chance that they don't have a clue that the secret song exists because they are too busy putting their phones up each others _ _ _ :eek: hangman anybody? :p Sorry couldn't help myself, it just happened like that ;)

10. Bakari

Bakari New Member

I'd probably be the person who keeps his phone up high :p I know it's not the best idea, but it'd take me a while to get into the music and feel it

Anyways, the song is just as good as always. I simply love the way it sounds and the lyrics were cool. Great job, just as always.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Björn

Björn Member

This song is so true even the background video.
    But I i love the part when minto says "no Im not here to dance tonight":confused: and the beat sounds kinda funny.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bikutoru

bikutoru Member

Don't know if it was planned or it is just my interpretation but I can see the 'truth' about smartphones in the video. Like them beeing the device to control the humanity by recording every single move of us. The question is who and what for is gaining that data. I know it sounds like one of those conspiracy theories but it works for me ;p

• Creative Creative x 1