So much to learn...

r|y|a|n

Jul 3, 2018
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
Hi all :)

So I just discovered S3RL around a month ago... most of my recent history with EDM has been dubstep- it was my music of choice for when I run. The high energy music kept my legs going. However I never found an electronic style of music that I liked a lot.

Growing up my mum of all people bought the single of 'Hocus Pocus' when it first came out. I think I was maybe 7 or 8 years old at the time and I remember listening to it a lot. Then there was a gap... my next taste was listening to the 'happy hardcore' compilations- a mate of mine would share an earbud from his discman on the bus trip home :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Anyway, a some weeks back I YouTube'd the track I just mentioned (Here's Johnnnnnny!) and autoplay queued up a S3RL track right afterwards... it was an hour-long mega mix. I found myself going back to it again and again- until over the course of a week it was ALL I was playing.

So here I am, a month on, and it's like I have stumbled into a new world. I have no idea what the genre is (hardcore, nightcore, UK hardstyle...) but all I know is that S3RL's music is effecting me in an amazingly positive way: it has inexplicably helped with my depression and anxiety, somehow my confidence is higher, I am actually HAPPY- which feels really odd? But nice, none the less :grinning:

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay. I guess I'm just bewildered and excited to have discovered something that I like so much and no nothing about. I would love to see S3RL at the end of the year in Sydney, especially given it's his last tour but the thought of going to a rave is daunting as it would be such a new and unfamiliar territory. I'm hoping that by then I will feel more confident sussing out the scene.

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum and I hope to see you all around!

Ryan

Arehya

Jun 30, 2017
Raver Dimension
osu.ppy.sh
Hii Ryan! n-n Nice to meet you :B. I'm glad u like this much his music, discovering "aaaaall" his tracks is amazing ... (also the ones he has not uploaded in his yt channel, some of them are amazing :eek:)

And welcomee :p (even though I'm sure u'll be more active than me here XD), hope we coincide in the chat or something!
:BeachDance:

r|y|a|n

Jul 3, 2018
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
Haha thanks :) You're the first person who I've spoken to on the forum, I think!

Yeah, his music came at a really important time in my life. It's helped me through a lot, it really is quite awesome.

I went to my first rave last weekend. I danced (really poorly) and slept all Sunday... but I had a real good time. I'm seeing s3rl for his Sydney finale next month, I'm super excited :D

I don't chat too much- I rarely get time- but feel free to IM me if you want :) I don't know anyone else who likes happy hardcore music, so I feel like a bit of a loner alien sometimes. It's nice to know there is someone out there with the same interests!

Arehya

Jun 30, 2017
Raver Dimension
osu.ppy.sh
Ohhh, you'll have a great time there! I convinced a friend of mine to listen to his music, and she loved it, so I went with her in s3rl rave here in Barcelona n-n. Going with someone or not, if u like S3RL as much as I do, u'll become crazy XDD. I didn't stop jumping and moving all time (hadn't enough space to dance) and didn't stop until it ended n.n (great chance to do some gym lmao XD)

r|y|a|n

Jul 3, 2018
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
Ohhh, you'll have a great time there! I convinced a friend of mine to listen to his music, and she loved it, so I went with her in s3rl rave here in Barcelona n-n. Going with someone or not, if u like S3RL as much as I do, u'll become crazy XDD. I didn't stop jumping and moving all time (hadn't enough space to dance) and didn't stop until it ended n.n (great chance to do some gym lmao XD)

:D That's awesome, I'm totally going to GO INSANE!!! How long have you listened to s3rl for?

I went to my first rave a couple of weeks back, it was a bit of a test for me... Krystal Rave Girl was DJ'ing a set there, and I totally love her work on s3rl's tracks- so I just had to go. Plus MC Riddle was hosting- which was really awesome. I loved it, but it was really lonely as I went by myself and am a little nervous starting conversations with new people \ dancing with strangers yet. I am a little shy. Someone from s3rl's page has kindly offered to have a drink with me before the finale- so hopefully I make some friends there :)

Do like any other uk hardcore \ happy hardcore artists too? I haven't yet looked into expanding the genre, but wondered if there was anyone else you liked that had a similar sound?

I'll let you know how I like it afterwards. I am looking forward to it- work had to send me to Munich urgently which took 24hrs on a plane... I feel like death right now- but my s3rl mixes are keeping me sane ;)

Thanks for the chat!

Arehya

Jun 30, 2017
Raver Dimension
osu.ppy.sh
:D That's awesome, I'm totally going to GO INSANE!!! How long have you listened to s3rl for?

I went to my first rave a couple of weeks back, it was a bit of a test for me... Krystal Rave Girl was DJ'ing a set there, and I totally love her work on s3rl's tracks- so I just had to go. Plus MC Riddle was hosting- which was really awesome. I loved it, but it was really lonely as I went by myself and am a little nervous starting conversations with new people \ dancing with strangers yet. I am a little shy. Someone from s3rl's page has kindly offered to have a drink with me before the finale- so hopefully I make some friends there :)

Do like any other uk hardcore \ happy hardcore artists too? I haven't yet looked into expanding the genre, but wondered if there was anyone else you liked that had a similar sound?

I'll let you know how I like it afterwards. I am looking forward to it- work had to send me to Munich urgently which took 24hrs on a plane... I feel like death right now- but my s3rl mixes are keeping me sane ;)

Thanks for the chat!
I first listened to a S3rl track in 2010 (but didn't know him, so it wasn't until a few years ago that I started listening to all his music XD). Btw, I don't know if u have already listened at them, but I reccomend you to listen to this tracks (I freaking love them :h::h:):
-Toxic 2016 -The Flying Dutchman 2015 -Myten 2016 and, of course
-Move with you 2016 (there are other versions of the song).

I feel you with the shyness and that things, I'm like you XD. Hope u make friends there as u said n.n

I don't listen to other happy hardcore artists (I only know Friendzone by Vau Boy I like this track a lot o.o. But I reccomend you to talk to @InfiniDrift , he knows a lot of this kind of musicians and genres >.<

See ya!!:BeachDance:

r|y|a|n

Jul 3, 2018
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the recommendations! Yes, some of those awesome tracks are from s3rls Ruse Mix... by some amazing coincidence I was actually listening to this as I read your post! I'm on a 13hr layover at Abu Dhabi and am just listening to his mixes on repeat haha.

At the moment I'm really identifying to the track Can't Bring Me Down. It sends shivers down my spine. It's very relatable to me right now.

Give me your all time top 5 s3rl tracks. If it's too hard, make it top 10 ;)

I'll go first! In no particular order.

Bass ****
Elysium remix
Trillium
What is a DJ
Like This
All that I need
Music is my saviour
It's this again
Fer sure remix
Whirlwind

But of course, the problem is that I like all his tracks- so ranking is very hard!

Dec 6, 2018
Québec, Canada
Happy Hardcore making someone happy? Ain't that a thing! ;) Hello fellow newcomer! ^^

Also here's my top 5 S3RL tracks while we're at it :
1 - Intensify
2 - Misleading Title
3 - Jaded AF
4 - Chillcore
5 - When I Die (Bury Me a Raver)
X - Elysium Remix
XX - Circus Sound Remix

(the last two are remixes so technically not S3RL tracks, cuz they'd be 4th and 5th place!)

r|y|a|n

Jul 3, 2018
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
Haha nice :D

I was never into dancing at all. Didn't have any groove, and I never played sport growing up- so my coordination and simply moving my body somewhat gracefully was foreign to me.

I can't believe how quick you learn to move properly if you enjoy the music and just open yourself to the beat. It's quite amazing. I went to S3RL's finale in Sydney a few weeks ago and danced so hard I think I'm going to lose a toenail :D

...probably means my technique is way off, but who cares! Hahaha I had a ton of fun.

You're very right, though. If someone told me I could never rave again I would be a little disappointed, but if someone said I could never listen to S3RL \ happy hardcore again I would be devastated. Raving isn't the reason I like it either; it's alllllllllllll about the music :cool::)

Awesome track picks! It's so hard to narrow it down... I think 'What is a DJ' is the song that makes me dance hardest all over the carpet when at home. I turn that jam up to 11 :p

NINJA EDIT: Oh god, it was last weekend. This week has DRAGGED on.