The story of how I met S3RL at Metrocon's Rave (And I nearly didn't meet him!) LOTS of pictures!

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
*I'm gonna post all the pictures at the bottom in a separate post, So if you want to see them and not read the story (would love if you read it though :h: ) Then look down at the bottom.* :)

Hi there! Well, I'm sorry in advance for how long this is going to be (and any typos that I may have missed and didn't fix), Because I know I'm gonna write a lot. But In this story i'm going to write about how I went to metrocons Rave July 23rd & How I felt about going to a rave I've been waiting for since I was 12 to go to. & I had actually been waiting about 8/9 months to go to this one in particular. And I'm gonna starts with how I very first *kinda* found out about it...

It all started in October last year when I saw this...

*gasp* wait is it the MetroCon in Tampa or Dallas?

When I saw that I was happy, hopeful & sad. And I actually at first DIDN'T want him to come to Tampa at all... :O Now before you ask me why the hell I wouldn't want S3RL in my city, It's because of me not being 18 yet, And I was under the impression that the rave was going to be 18+ so I really hoped he would go to Dallas instead.

Fast forward 4 months later when I saw him say he was coming to Tampa on July 23rd in February.
I was so sad, I was really sad because I figured it was 18+ so for the next 5 minutes I was really sad, Until I clicked the link to the metrocon page that he included in the post & saw that it said METROCON IS AN ALL AGES EVENT! (Yes it said it in all caps) and I ran to my mom and showed her! And she pretty much instantly said I could go because me & my mom are best friends, and I talk to her a LOT about raves, PLUR & DJ S3RL so she knows very well how much it means to me. The only problem was talking my dad into it. But my mom handled that one for me. :h:
So for the next 5/6 months I mentally prepared myself because to be honest, I was REALLY nervous about it for multiple reasons.

I was nervous because I figured i'd freak out when I saw DJ S3RL

I was nervous that I'd be too scared to talk to other ravers and trade Kandi with them & hug them (I wanted to hug people and trade SO bad but I was really nervous about doing it simply because I had never done it before)

And I was nervous that people wouldn't actually be as nice, happy & positive as I heard that they were (I'm so glad that they were :h: )

And then I got me a pair of adorable pink fluffies/leg warmers and glowsticks & over 4000 beads and learned to make Kandi & I actually learned to make cuffs so far and I'm gonna learn to do masks soon! and perlers too. :) And I also learned the Kandi handshake and forced my sisters to do it with me over and over again so I'd know what to do. XD

And the months just rolled by, and finally the day was the day I was supposed to go, To go and complete my dream to not only go to my first rave, But to meet DJ S3RL as well. And I'm not even kidding when I say I literally thought about the rave every single day leading up the it. No joke. At LEAST once a day but it was usually more. XD
On the way to the place I felt like a couldn't breathe (even though I could breathe just fine) and my stomach had the worst butterflies i've ever had in my entire life. And the 20 minute drive was awful because of the butterflies and me feeling like I couldn't breathe, So it was pretty terrible. But besides that It was alright. :3
Then we parked and me, my mom & my dad walked the little distance it was to the building where the rave was and walked up the insane amount of stairs to get up top into the 3rd story were the rave was. And by the time we got to the entrance I heard the booming music and saw the wide open doors leading up to it, And we got there at about 12:30 AM or so, So the doors were open and we didn't have to wait or anything like that. :)
We got my bag checked and about a minute later we walked into the rave and oh my god, It was the best thing I've ever seen before. The lights, The music that was so loud that I literally couldn't even hear myself talk and the fact that I felt the vibrations in my arms, legs chest and every other part of my body just made me feel so happy that it wasn't funny

Last edited:

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
I'm pretty sure there's a word limit so I'm gonna put this in a few posts. :)

But anyway, It was the greatest. There was a good amount of people there but the room was far from full at the moment, and I saw lots of people dancing, jumping, and some people even had flashing hula hoops they were using! But anyway, Like I said there wasn't a whole bunch of people there at the moment so there was a spot literally right at the front just for me! So I got up there and watched Zoe Vanwest sing for about half an hour and I enjoyed every minute of it, But that's not the person I came for, So I was eagerly awaiting S3RL's set! And then all of a sudden they yelled loud on the megaphone (or whatever it was that they used but it was LOUD!) I can't remember the exact words but it was something to the effect of 'Now give it up for DJ S3RL!) and everyone (including my mom & me) yelled SO loud! and he came out and played his set till about 2 AM and it was great! I was actually worried that he was gonna play either MTC or Hentai. And I LOVE both those songs and both are definitely some of my top faves! but my dad was there right behind me and I didn't know what he was gonna think about that so I hoped he wouldn't play them. And i'm now happy to say that he played BOTH! :p He didn't say anything though, and I ended up dancing, singing and waving my glow sticks around like crazy to both! It was great. And I'm also happy to say that I knew and sang all but one of the songs! :h:

It was so worth the years of me waiting to go to one, And I cannot wait to go to my 2nd rave, & many many more after that! :D

So anyways, After he played his set I completely stopped fully enjoying the rave because I was on a mission from then on out. To go find DJ S3RL/Jole and give him the 2 Kandi's I made for him & his wife, Jodie. And to take a picture with him! So we looked all around for a minute and then found ourselves to the entrance of the backstage. And for a little while we stood there waiting for him to come out ad actually, He never did. :( I was there the whole time and not once did he come out to where I was. But a short time later I saw him walking with a group of people maybe 50 feet away or so, and he went out of the exit door back there. And my heart just sank. I wanted to see him SO bad, I was waiting right there for him! But it wasn't his fault or anything like that (hope I'm not making it sound like I think it was or something because I promise I think no such thing) He just didn't see me! I knew that if he had seen me he would've came right over! So that's when my mom told me to come on and we were gonna ask around and look all over for him. So that's just what we did for the next half hour or maybe even slightly longer. We talked to one of the dancers who danced on the stage (it ended up being the dancer that I thought had some SWEET dance moves! So I actually gave him a Kandi and told him I loved his dancing :h: ) and no one knew where he was unfortunately. So then we left the lovely rave and walked all around the HUGE building and up & down what was literally a total of 300 steps. And we STILL didn't find him! And the more time that passed, The more sad I was getting because I kept thinking about how sad I was gonna be to tell all of my friends and my brothers and sisters that I didn't et to meet him. And the worst thing of all was that I kept looking at my Jole & Jodie Kandi I made and I didn't want it anymore! Jole needed it! & He needed me to find him to give it to him! So It was sad for me to think that I wasn't gonna complete the other half of my dream and meet him. Because the first half was going to the rave, The other half was to meet him. And so far it hadn't happened...

Last edited:

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
And throughout the course of time me & mom spent looking for him my dad kept making remarks about how we were stalking him and should just leave because it's almost 3 AM and that we need to leave. And my mom told him 'I ain't leaving till we find the guy! I PROMISED her (me) that she'd see him!' God my moms the best mommy anyone could ever have. :h:

But I just HAD to see him! Ever since I told everyone here and my siblings that I was going I knew it had to happen. Especially when he said what he said to me...

Oh yeah I'm always out and about after my sets. Unless I have to catch an early flight or something I'm always taking pics and all that kinda thing.

Just come find me after my set and we can take all the pics you like =) I would love to accept your kandi, too!

See you there!

See you there!
See you there!
(read this one in slow motion ;) ) See you there!

There was NO WAY in hell I wasn't gonna see him after that! He said he'd see me there and I told him i'd see him there too! So it had to happen. My dream just had to come true!:3

So then after walking around for what seemed like the longest time we were back at the entrance, and my hope of meeting him was nearly gone. And then when we were there my dad said once again, That we were stalking him, he wasn't gonna come out and see us and we need to leave and he's going to the car and my mom told him that we'd meet him there at the car after we looked for him one more time. So my dad started to walk to the car but he actually came back and followed us into the lovely rave once more. :p
By the way, I love my dad so I hope it doesn't sound like i'm talking trash about him or anything, I just think it's funny because for so long he told me not to get my hopes up about seeing him and getting a picture with him. So I think it's very funny that I ended up being right the whole time. :D

So anyway, Then we looked all around and then the biggest tease ever was that there was a guy, Wearing a blue shirt, taking a picture with someone at the rave ad I was just thinking JOLE!!! And so I RAN over to the guy, Only to turn out that he wasn't Jole. Biggest. Tease. Ever. :'(
That guy looked JUST like him though!

So then I followed my mom to the backstage part where I had seen him leave before. And we were just standing there, all alone. No one else was back there and it just felt so lonely. And maybe a miute or 2 after we got there someone came out from the backstage curtain and my mom asked her if she knew where DJ S3RL was. And she said she didn't, But she knew where the manager was, and she said that she would know where he is! But then my mom said that a security guard (one of the people we asked if they knew where we could find S3RL was a security guard, He was VERY nice! :) ) told us that we weren't allowed back there. And she said 'Well I Said you could go back there!' (It was hilarious how she said it XD) So she then took us to the manager and told us to just ask her where he was and she'll probably go get him for us. And so we went over to her and asked her if she knew where DJ S3RL was, And asked us if we had an appointment with him, And we told her no. And she told us that he was supposed to be doing meet & greets tomorrow at the anime convention. But to be totally honest with you guys, There was no way I'd be able to go because I didn't have the 105$ for tickets to it. So it was I either see him tonight, Or wait possibly years to see him again. So explained to her that he has a fan forum and he talks to his fans on it, and that I had asked him if he met his fans while on tour and told him that I was going to this rave & he said to me that he did and to find him after his set and he'll take all the pictures I'd like with me. And then I even told her that if she needed proof then I'd log on and show her the post (That's how badly I wanted to see him) and she said that she believed me, and she said 'Alright then, I'll go get him for you!' And I said 'Thank you SO SO SO much!!!' and gave her a super big hug! And then off she went through the door in the back that I saw him leave through. And I raced through my bag to get the book for him to sign and the marker I had for him to write with. And It literally wasn't even a minute later (literally, Not even 1 minute!) when I saw 2 people come through the same door I saw Jole leave through the first time. The wonderfully nice lady that said she'd go get him... And then the person who I came to see. The guy that me & my mom looked all over for, Up 3 stories of the building, then back down, then all around the building and in the parking lot and all around the rave & backstage twice for. It Was DJ S3RL, Jole. The undoubtedly coolest & nicest person of all time! And when I saw him, I literally booked the 30 foot distance between me & him with lightning speed, and then stopped myself right as I got to him and I just looked up at him & he said 'Hi how ya doing?' And I just said 'Hi!' and gave him the biggest hug i've ever given anyone before, I was just SO happy that he was right there. This is the person who makes the music I :h: so much, The guy who made the music that introduced me to raves, dancing, good vibes & P.L.U.R. in the first place! Also the person who made the lovely music that made me dance over 10 hours in one night and also what makes me dance for hours on a daily basis! So i'm sure you can tell that I was SO excited and happy that I actually got to meet him because by the time you walk around a huge place for so long you'd lose hope of seeing him too. But anyway, After he wrote his autograph & wrote everything else I asked him to do, I gave him the Kandi I made! And it was funny too because when I was here (At my house) I thought about me doing the Kandi handshake with him but when I was actually there it completely slipped my mind, Until he stuck both his fingers up to do it. Only thing is I had already taken the Kandi off of my arm to ive to him, So we did the handshake still, But instead of at the end where you put the Kandi on the persons arm I just held his hand (like you know, how you hold hands when you put the kandi on each others arm, the end of the handshake) for a moment and gave it to him right after.
I was really excited in my defense.. XD

Last edited:

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
So anyway, After bouncing around like an idiot for a minute We took the 2 pictures I really wanted to take. Funny thing was I completely forgot about wanting a picture too :p I was just so excited I guess it all slipped my mind (It would slip your mind too though if you got to meet your Hero by a miracle!) He had to remind me that I wanted one by asking me if I wanted to take a photo, Of course I said yes and we posed for a few pictures. :D
And I was SO happy that he was wearing the S3RL shirt too! That shirt is actually the one I'm gonna get for me & my brother when I get some $$$ to buy 2 of them. :)

I then told him that I was on the S3RL forum and asked him if he remembered the person who asked him if he met his fans on tours and also told him that they were going to this rave. And he said that he did, And I then told him that I was that person! I was so happy. Then afterwards I thanked both of them (Jole & the wonderful lady who made it happen) and gave them both a big hug and thanked him for coming out and seeing me, Because I was nearly in tears in the parking lot from the thought of me not being able to give him his Kandi that I made him. And he said it was no problem and he thanked me for supporting him and coming out to see him, and then he thanked my parents for bringing me out to see him and support him! And shortly after that we parted ways, and I literally bounced all the way through the rave and yelled and jumped up really loud when I was by the door! ^_^

You know what I really like about him? The fact that he actually goes out and says hi to his fans and doesn't feel that he's to good to see them & take pictures with them. Because a lot of people won't come out and say hi, They'll say on a video Thanks for supporting me and all that, But if you went to a place where they were playing at they won't come out and see any of their fans. And I really like the fact that he comes out and says hi, Because he easily could've just told the lady to tell me he just left or something like that if he didn't want to come out to see his fans. So i'm really happy that he's so nice and came out and let me complete my dream. :3

And later on, I actually saw the security guard who was so nice to me before by the entrance door and he asked if I saw him and I said yes!! It was the best day ever, and I'm never ever gonna forget it ever. :h:

Oh, and another big reason I wanted to see him was to complete my comment that got featured in the starlight starbright video, Which said...

I wanna go!!! But unfortunately, I'm not the required age, nor do I live in Austrlia. :'( But one day I WILL go to a rave he's playing at and I WILL meet him & give him a Kandi! :D

I can officially say that I did everything that I said I was going to do. I DID go to a rave he was playing at! (and it was so perfect & lovely too :h: ) I DID meet him and I DID give him my Kandi I made for him and Jodie. DREAM COMPLETE!

Haha, and it only took 4/5 years! It was well worth the wait too & i'd do it all over again!!! :D

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me complete it along the way too, I'd like to thank Superman, KawaiiKiki & Razor Sharp for giving me some advice ad being so nice to me when I asked them questions (Superman was super helpful because I asked him lots of questions and he was always so nice and didn't ever mind giving me advice! :h: ) and of course the lady who introduced me to the manager and then the manager who went and got Jole for me. And then, My lovely mom. Who if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have even been able to go or meet Jole because it was her who went all around with me and asked everyone where he was. I know she ain't gonna see this but I thank her, And I love her so much. :h: :h: :h:
And Jole actually helped me meet him and didn't even know it! (Besides him coming out and seeing me of course. It kinda wouldn't have happened if he didn't wanna come out :p ) Because if he hadn't told me to find him after his set and he'd take a picture with me then the lady might not have gotten him for me! So thanks dude, You're the best. :h:

Oh! And there was one more thing. Now unfortunately I only traded for 1 piece of Kandi because I spent all my time looking for Jole. But when we left the rave the first time to go out and look for him I saw a girl with pretty purple hair wearing Kandi, and she smiled at me! So I went over to her and asked her if she wanted to trade Kandi with me. And she said Sure! And we did the kandi handshake and she put one on my arm, and she said that she loved my star beads I used on my Kandi, So I gave her one that said Kandi Kid on it with a pretty yellow star on each side of te words. And we hugged, said PLUR, and off I went to look for Jole. :D
I'm sad I only got one piece, But i'm happy that I got one instead of none! And I didn't find out until I got home, But the Kandi she gave me has 2 pink stars on it that are glow in the dark! :D

I love it so much. It's my favorite piece. :h:

Oh, and Superman, I now get what you said about when you make a piece you don't mind trading but you won't trade ones you got from trading because you get attached to them. I totally get that. :h:

Okay, I'm gonna add the pics my mom took of me and Jole and the picture of the autograph to this post, and then use the next to post all the pics of the rave itself. Which my mom also took. :D
I named them all to say what was happening when they were taken. :)

The cool thing is that he noticed my mom was taking pictures while I was talking to him and he did his eyebrow bump for one! I died when my mom showed me. XD

Oh, One more thing! XD When we were there while S3RL was playing, a plane/drone was flying above the crowd and was recording, and I waved 2 big yellow glow sticks like CRAZY at it! So in case I end up seeing myself later on i'm using this as proof so I can say it was me! ^_^
And a guy from metrocon was taking pics of people and I ran over to him and my mom told him that it was my first rave, and he took a picture of me! :D

I hope those were for Jole's video, I'd be happy to be on metrocons site but even happier to be in Jole's video! ^_^

Okay, Now to post pictures. Sorry this is so long. But I just had to write this, Because that was the best night of my life, and I can't wait to go to many more raves and even meet Jole again one day! It'll be great.
I now know for 100% certain what i've known for a very long time, That i'm a raver. A Kandi raver! And I hereby promise to always be kind to others, spread my good vibes to everyone and go by PLUR at all times!

P.L.U.R. Is love, P.L.U.R. is life! :h:

Attachments

• Jole & me 1 (He did his eyebrow bump!).jpg
    Jole & me 1 (He did his eyebrow bump!).jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Jole & Me (Just a mess up one but I still love it).jpg
    Jole & Me (Just a mess up one but I still love it).jpg
    3 KB · Views: 313
  • Jole & Me (I was putting the Jodie Kandi on his arm).jpg
    Jole & Me (I was putting the Jodie Kandi on his arm).jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Jole And Me!.jpg
    Jole And Me!.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 413
  • So Kawaii Me & Jole!!!!!!!! ❤❤❤.jpg
    So Kawaii Me & Jole!!!!!!!! ❤❤❤.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 103_4363.JPG
    103_4363.JPG
    724.6 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Reactions: KawaiiKiki

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
Now for pictures of Metrocon! :D

Okay, For some reason it said they were all too large except for 1 of them (Which actually happens to be one of my fave pictures from the rave!) So I'm uploading them to a folder in photobucket now for all to view. :)

OH and I completely forgot to add that when S3RL came on stage, and the whole place FILLED UP!!! I'm very glad that I got front row when I did! ^_^

Here's the link to the album with the pictures (some are really good and others aren't but a lot of them are good quality!) :)

http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/savannahall1/library/Metrocon Rave Pictures?sort=3&page=1

And i'll post the videos later, they're taking forever to upload and I haven't been to bed yet and now I have to treat my carpal tunnel syndrome because of all the typing! :p So I'll do it later today, I promise. :h:

Hope you enjoyed my story and all the pictures though, I've been wanting to write this since the day after the rave but I wasn't able to get online. I've done it now though!

Thanks so much everyone and I hope you all have a great day! :D

EDIT - Links to the video & I forgot to add something...

And the thing I forgot to add was...

A few weeks back, Commandman7 wrote a story about how he got to go to a rave that he'd wanted to go too for a long time (there was much more to his story but this is the part I'm talking about because this part has something to do with what I did), and in one of the parts he said that he only got to keep a red glow stick that he found on the floor from the first rave that he never got to go to. Well, after seeing that I knew that I wanted to get a glow stick from the rave I was going too! :D So while I was there my dad tapped my shoulder and I turned around, and he asked me if I dropped a glowstick. And I was about to say no when I realized he was pointing to a skinny (like those really little ones) green glowstick on the floor. And just then, A very nice guy noticed my dad pointing to it and he picked it up and gave it to him! So my dad gave it to me and I decided that since it was just laying on the floor, lonely and forgotten, That I would make that one the glowstick I would keep as a souvenir from the rave! Since I wanted one from the floor anyway. Plus it's not like I stole it from anyone, It was just laying on the floor. So I gave it a good home! :h:

I posted a picture of the glowstick on here too. :)

Attachments

• 20160724_021754.jpg
    20160724_021754.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 300
  • WIN_20160731_06_19_13_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160731_06_19_13_Pro.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Commandman7

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Jun 16, 2015
Michigan
woah thats so awesome! I would show you a picture of the glowstick i got but it's back home in America (I'm in Japan for the summer). I'm glad you got to see your dream come true just like I did. Also your parents are the coolest parents ever. I love rave stories so much, especially when people take the time to put the effort into writing something really detailed.

It's also kinda cool since I may (not sure) be going to S3rl's Japan rave, but IDK because it's the same day as my flight home. They really like me at work so i might get a good opportunity to stay here longer, and if i do get to go to the rave I'll be sure to be on the lookout for a skinny green glowstick ;)

It's so exciting to hear about other's experiences and I'm really really really happy you made this post.

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
woah thats so awesome! I would show you a picture of the glowstick i got but it's back home in America (I'm in Japan for the summer). I'm glad you got to see your dream come true just like I did. Also your parents are the coolest parents ever. I love rave stories so much, especially when people take the time to put the effort into writing something really detailed.

It's also kinda cool since I may (not sure) be going to S3rl's Japan rave, but IDK because it's the same day as my flight home. They really like me at work so i might get a good opportunity to stay here longer, and if i do get to go to the rave I'll be sure to be on the lookout for a skinny green glowstick ;)

It's so exciting to hear about other's experiences and I'm really really really happy you made this post.

I know right?! I loved it so much and I'm so happy that my dream happened and I met S3RL.. It was great. :h: It was truly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I loved it so much! ^_^

They really are, aren't they? I love my mom & dad so much, More then anything. And I literally tell them every day how much I love them. :h:
Actually, The lady who got S3RL for me actually told them 'I'm so happy that I could be a part of her happiness!' and then right after that said 'You know, You guys are cool as hell for taking your kid to something like this!' So I agreed with her, I love them both so much. :h:

I hope you get to go! And you MUST tell me how it went if you did, Okay? :p And also, I'd love to see your glow stick whenever you get back. :)
Be sure too! I love that glow stick so much now, I'll keep it forever. :h:

Thanks dude! I was actually a little sad when no one said anything about my story because I spent 2 & a half hours writing it (And I keep editing it to add things that I've forgotten to add xD) So it makes me happy that someone enjoys my story! I love stories of people getting to complete their dreams too! And I LOVE reading very detailed stories! They're the best! :D

Reactions: KawaiiKiki

Commandman7

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Jun 16, 2015
Michigan
I know right?! I loved it so much and I'm so happy that my dream happened and I met S3RL.. It was great. :h: It was truly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I loved it so much! ^_^

They really are, aren't they? I love my mom & dad so much, More then anything. And I literally tell them every day how much I love them. :h:
Actually, The lady who got S3RL for me actually told them 'I'm so happy that I could be a part of her happiness!' and then right after that said 'You know, You guys are cool as hell for taking your kid to something like this!' So I agreed with her, I love them both so much. :h:

I hope you get to go! And you MUST tell me how it went if you did, Okay? :p And also, I'd love to see your glow stick whenever you get back. :)
Be sure too! I love that glow stick so much now, I'll keep it forever. :h:

Thanks dude! I was actually a little sad when no one said anything about my story because I spent 2 & a half hours writing it (And I keep editing it to add things that I've forgotten to add xD) So it makes me happy that someone enjoys my story! I love stories of people getting to complete their dreams too! And I LOVE reading very detailed stories! They're the best! :D
yeah sorry my reply took a while but in japan I haven't been checking the site as much. Anyways this weekend I went to the same venue that s3rls going to be playing at and holy moly it's very nice, 2 stages and a huge disco ball. me and aaron wore our kandi for fun but it was empty that night so we kinda just danced by ourselves for a while. Anyways it looks more and more likely i'll get the chance to go and even if I don't hopefully he'll be a day early and i still get to meet him. Anyways it's really nice to be having this conversation, if only more people would join in!