Born with talent or not?

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
Well before I wanted to be a DJ I wanted to be an animator so I guess I was always somewhat creative. I was/am a good artist and did basic animations for fun all the time. 'Then one day' I got screwed over by my high school art teacher who gave me an E- (basically because of who I was friends with). That meant I couldn't go to university/college for what I actually wanted to do and that was that. Not long after high school I found dance music and started focusing in that direction for all my creative outlets.

Dewske

Site Graphic Designer
Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Jun 5, 2015
Michigan, USA.
Well before I wanted to be a DJ I wanted to be an animator so I guess I was always somewhat creative. I was/am a good artist and did basic animations for fun all the time. 'Then one day' I got screwed over by my high school art teacher who gave me an E- (basically because of who I was friends with). That meant I couldn't go to university/college for what I actually wanted to do and that was that. Not long after high school I found dance music and started focusing in that direction for all my creative outlets.
9vJYsxO.jpg

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
Well that REALLY sucks about your high school teacher. :( But I honestly think that your a really good DJ, so maybe it happened for a reason. Maybe you were mean't to be the awesome DJ you are today! :)

Flintlock3r

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 17, 2016
Seattle, Washington
flintlock3r.wix.com
More often than not, it seems like what someone wants to do doesn't work out but instead steers them in another direction. kinda weird how that works. I was all ready to apply to colleges but then things got so hard my senior year (academics and normal life stuff) that I fell content to just going to my local community college. :p And even now I feel like I'm wasting my time there.

As far as the talent thing goes, I thing anyone has a certain amount of talent in something. What matters I think is working HARD. If you wanna produce but don't have much talent with it, then work really hard to GET good. If you love it, it will come. ;)

Last edited: