Feels Like Heaven Effects??

flyby

Aug 19, 2016
So I am attempting to remix Take me to heaven. The first melody is becomeing hard to duplicate. is the remix packs missing stuff or am I just missing a effect. Before anyone Jumps up and down about exzact copying is bad. I like to lay the orginal song out and move stuff around and distort and go from there. Kind of my process. I probaly chose one of the hardest songs to start with though sadly as that Kick drum is brutal. I have even pass the pack to another producer and cant seem to duplicate it. So I assume Im missing something. anyways Any help from S3RL or another producer would be Amazeing. Ive always wanted to remix a S3RL song.

Flintlock3r

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 17, 2016
Seattle, Washington
flintlock3r.wix.com
I remixed that exact song ( ), and I can say from firsthand experience that it's hard. But it might just be the nature of the software he uses too. I have been messing around with Reason 9 over the past few days and have seen that it has a very analog/sharp edge to it's sound. It's definitely easier to get those raw, almost metallic-like sounds in Reason than it is in FL Studio.

flyby

Aug 19, 2016
wow that absolutely destroys what ive been working on I would love to pick your brain on effects and stuff one day. Ill post mine to my soundcloud and let you hear it. I havent mixed or done anything sound wise so be warned The highs do get get out of range. Basicly what I call this is arrangement and Pretinker so Basicly what Im doing with it is Trail and error seeing what works and what dosent for the Melody I combined a few I think it was main melody and Melody along with the pads and bumped it to 195 Bpms and rendered it to a Wav and used it. Btw im useing Reaper X64 which may be my issue with doing these remixes. anyways enough stalling Link incomeing again this is untuned and sounds pretty bad IMO I think i have a talent for butchering these songs.

1.27 is when it stops Ive been mainly freehanding and trying to learn without any real support. which is my own fault but I struggle to get through Youtube video. I just picked it up one day and started trying things out. Music that is.

Drums are my main enemy I can never beat match drums.

Last edited:

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
I just checked the remix pack and it does seem to be all correct. If it's the main lead you're having trouble with, do you have the pitchbend set at the right number (says it on the midi file)? Not sure how other sequencers work, but you should be able to set the amount that the pitchbend bends. So for example, the melody in this track is set to a pitch bend of 3 so that it bends to the correct notes. If it's set to a different number it'll sound really wonky.

flyby

Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for the reply S3RL for the reply I will work on it some more and hopely get it perfect and share it here.