How do you make those faboulous beats?

Toxicdj

Dec 18, 2015
I bought reason 8 recently because i love your music qnd i thought maybe i could be like you one day and make awesome beats. However reason 8 was hard for me a cant make a decent beat i think i just wasted my money. Do you have any tips for me? You should make a video while making a song in fast forward of course. Please answer senpai!

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
Learning to produce is a long process so don't get disheartened too quickly. I had no one to show me anything (before YouTube was a thing) so it took me about a month of messing around to even get a sound to come out. Then I found a friend who showed me some bare basics and from there it was all reading the help files. Took me about 2 years before I made anything I would even want to show anyone, haha.

What I used to do that really helped me was to find a track you really like and want to sound like. Re create that track as closely as possible, listen to every little sound and instrument and re create those sounds as best you can. It's a good way to learn layering and structure as well as getting into the habit of actually finishing tracks.

YouTube tutorials are your friend. Best and easiest way to learn the basics and more.

Toxicdj

Dec 18, 2015
Learning to produce is a long process so don't get disheartened too quickly. I had no one to show me anything (before YouTube was a thing) so it took me about a month of messing around to even get a sound to come out. Then I found a friend who showed me some bare basics and from there it was all reading the help files. Took me about 2 years before I made anything I would even want to show anyone, haha.

What I used to do that really helped me was to find a track you really like and want to sound like. Re create that track as closely as possible, listen to every little sound and instrument and re create those sounds as best you can. It's a good way to learn layering and structure as well as getting into the habit of actually finishing tracks.

YouTube tutorials are your friend. Best and easiest way to learn the basics and more.
Thanks ill try it

Reactions: Eren Swagger