S3RL is the most influential in his genre.

Dewske

Site Graphic Designer
Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Jun 5, 2015
Michigan, USA.
Yes, I know the title is deceptive, because you can't really put Jole in any one genre, as it feels as if he has his own genre (he made his own, "MedioCore" because hes a funny man).

Anyway, back to my overall message. S3RL is the most influential in Hardcore overall moreso than any other artist that comes to mind. From Facebook "UK Hardcore Appreciation Group" to "Happy Hardcore Classics" playlists, he's the one that is mentioned more, appreciated more, and just as a whole more recognizable than any of the other artists. And the reason I think this is because hes not limited by what he defines as a genre, he pushes the boundaries on all of the genres, and creates what he thinks will be best, and it sounds fucking awesome 99% of the time (We all know some of his collab's with other hardcore artists haven't been the best). Anyway, if you agree with me, lemme know. If you don't please do post you're opinion because I am genuinely curious to see the opinion on this idea.

Thanks!
Your Graphic Designer,
- Ben.

Bad_Wolf_Queen

S3RL Super Fan
Jun 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Yes, I know the title is deceptive, because you can't really put Jole in any one genre, as it feels as if he has his own genre (he made his own, "MedioCore" because hes a funny man).

Anyway, back to my overall message. S3RL is the most influential in Hardcore overall moreso than any other artist that comes to mind. From Facebook "UK Hardcore Appreciation Group" to "Happy Hardcore Classics" playlists, he's the one that is mentioned more, appreciated more, and just as a whole more recognizable than any of the other artists. And the reason I think this is because hes not limited by what he defines as a genre, he pushes the boundaries on all of the genres, and creates what he thinks will be best, and it sounds fucking awesome 99% of the time (We all know some of his collab's with other hardcore artists haven't been the best). Anyway, if you agree with me, lemme know. If you don't please do post you're opinion because I am genuinely curious to see the opinion on this idea.

Thanks!
Your Graphic Designer,
- Ben.
Wow... that was deep, man. I totally agree with you tho :D

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA

Thanks!
Your Graphic Designer,
- Ben.

I totally agree with you dude! Almost every song I've ever heard him make always finds it's way into my heart, And I just wanna dance to it like crazy! :D He's a really respectable DJ, And i'll continue to listen to all of his songs until the end! :)

Bad_Wolf_Queen

S3RL Super Fan
Jun 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
I totally agree with you dude! Almost every song I've ever heard him make always finds it's way into my heart, And I just wanna dance to it like crazy! :D He's a really respectable DJ, And i'll continue to listen to all of his songs until the end! :)
Same! I have a playlist where I'll underline songs if they're my favorites, give it purple text if it's cute, red text if it means a lot to me, etc. And most songs are bold (I like them) but I get to the S3RL section and it's like BWAH RED AND PURPLE AND SOME BLUE AND ORANGE COLORS AND UNDERLINE because his songs mean so much to me ^^

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
Same! I have a playlist where I'll underline songs if they're my favorites, give it purple text if it's cute, red text if it means a lot to me, etc. And most songs are bold (I like them) but I get to the S3RL section and it's like BWAH RED AND PURPLE AND SOME BLUE AND ORANGE COLORS AND UNDERLINE because his songs mean so much to me ^^

That's awesome! I just have a thumbdrive where I make all the songs in 1 section so I can hear them all! And I remember where the certain ones are and everything so I'm always like 'Ok, Which one to dance to first?' :D

Bad_Wolf_Queen

S3RL Super Fan
Jun 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
That's awesome! I just have a thumbdrive where I make all the songs in 1 section so I can hear them all! And I remember where the certain ones are and everything so I'm always like 'Ok, Which one to dance to first?' :D
I do that with my liked videos playlist! I'll be listening to it and I'll start singing the next song in my head before it comes on >D<

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
I do that with my liked videos playlist! I'll be listening to it and I'll start singing the next song in my head before it comes on >D<
That's awesome! I always remember them and I've literally learned all the ones I have on there (which I have over 50) by heart! My sisters think I'm crazy XD

KawaiiKiki

Moderator, Little Kandi Raver
Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
I really love S3RL more than any other Hardcore artist I listen to but I genuinely disagree with this in some ways. The Prodigy for one has to be the most influential artist I can think of without even doubting it. They are not hardcore but have done so much for it. They are, to me, just as influential as Daft Punk as been to music. They not only affected the hardcore scene, they affected all of the rave scene in all areas. They were one of the people that transformed acid house into breakbeat. They created movements with their music selling over 20 million records and influenced the the UK rave scene immensely. People of every genre are influenced by them, even today. They are daring, unique and unlike any other artist I ever heard. Many people, including them, agree that they don't even fit in a genre because they did so much beyond electronic music.
Secondly, hardcore formed from breakbreat which yes you can thank the Prodigy for helping.
Some of the most influential hardcore artist, in my opinion, would have to be Scott Brown, Styles, Breeze, Brisk, Gammer, Paul Elstak, Carl Cox, AND ofc S3RL. They all bring something new to the game, not one artist sounds the same to me. I wouldn't say he is celebrated any more or less than Gammer or Scott Brown but I think every artists "creates what they think will be the best." I think to most of the new generation ravers and casual hardcore music fans, he is recognizable because of his ability to stay with the times. He is new and experimental. He appeals to a younger crowd and some of those old hardcore influences just do not have that trait which is why I assume a lot of his fans are young. Gammer is an artist who does the same "stay with the times" thing for example, but sounds completely different. So yes, I think S3RL has a huge influence on happy hardcore and uk hardcore and has done a lot for it but I think "most influential" is not a title given to just one person in the hardcore scene. Styles was doing innovative stuff too, like infusing trance into his work, which is used by a lot of people today. Scott Brown and Breeze did SOOOOO much for hardcore. Again, no one artist is the most influential to me. I know I'm missing like some names but I believe that hardcore would not be the way it is today without these people. I wish I could just pick a name but I actually don't think Paul is anymore influential than Styles or Styles than S3RL ect, as a whole they influenced hardcore together, in their own ways for certain elements of the music. I could really rant about this for days and I feel like I'm not actually making sense but I don't really want to type anymore. xD

(Still standing by Prodigy though) /SPOILER]

Thanks!
Your Graphic Designer,
- Ben.

Last edited:
Reactions: Royzourboy

Dewske

Site Graphic Designer
Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Jun 5, 2015
Michigan, USA.
I really love S3RL more than any other Hardcore artist I listen to but I genuinely disagree with this in some ways. The Prodigy for one has to be the most influential artist I can think of without even doubting it. They are not hardcore but have done so much for it. They are, to me, just as influential as Daft Punk as been to music. They not only affected the hardcore scene, they affected all of the rave scene in all areas. They were one of the people that transformed acid house into breakbeat. They created movements with their music selling over 20 million records and influenced the the UK rave scene immensely. People of every genre are influenced by them, even today. They are daring, unique and unlike any other artist I ever heard. Many people, including them, agree that they don't even fit in a genre because they did so much beyond electronic music.
Secondly, hardcore formed from breakbreat which yes you can thank the Prodigy for helping.
Some of the most influential hardcore artist, in my opinion, would have to be Scott Brown, Styles, Breeze, Brisk, Gammer, Paul Elstak, Carl Cox, AND ofc S3RL. They all bring something new to the game, not one artist sounds the same to me. I wouldn't say he is celebrated any more or less than Gammer or Scott Brown but I think every artists "creates what they think will be the best." I think to most of the new generation ravers and casual hardcore music fans, he is recognizable because of his ability to stay with the times. He is new and experimental. He appeals to a younger crowd and some of those old hardcore influences just do not have that trait which is why I assume a lot of his fans are young. Gammer is an artist who does the same "stay with the times" thing for example, but sounds completely different. So yes, I think S3RL has a huge influence on happy hardcore and uk hardcore and has done a lot for it but I think "most influential" is not a title given to just one person in the hardcore scene. Styles was doing innovative stuff too, like infusing trance into his work, which is used by a lot of people today. Scott Brown and Breeze did SOOOOO much for hardcore. Again, no one artist is the most influential to me. I know I'm missing like some names but I believe that hardcore would not be the way it is today without these people. I wish I could just pick a name but I actually don't think Paul is anymore influential than Styles or Styles than S3RL ect, as a whole they influenced hardcore together, in their own ways for certain elements of the music. I could really rant about this for days and I feel like I'm not actually making sense but I don't really want to type anymore. xD

(Still standing by Prodigy though) /SPOILER]
Yeah. Now that I think about it saying that there's one person that influenced an entire genre is a bit a large of a claim. I do feel as if it's a collective thing. As you said, both Gammer and S3RL are able to stay with the times and Hixxy, Breeze, and them are more staying to the old rave style. I haven't heard of Prodigy, so I can't really speak to them and can't make a claim as to their influence on this genre. Scott Brown I've heard of time and time again, and yes he is very influential, as he and Breeze pretty much redefined the genre but I feel like I should clarify that I meant now, in the current state of hardcore rave music, and not then. When I try to think "Who's really pushing the boundaries of Hardcore Rave music nowadays", the only artists that come to mind are Gammer and S3RL.

Anyway, if what I said wasn't clear because I feel like I didn't word it right, lemme know :).

Reactions: Bad_Wolf_Queen

KawaiiKiki

Moderator, Little Kandi Raver
Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
No that's ok! You worded it right now haha. I still think there are other artists pushing boundaries still like Styles and Scott Brown may not have the same sound but they definitely push the current state of hardcore. Also Nobody and Joey Riot has, in my opinion, has been doing some game changing stuff and are totally refreshing in addition to Gammer and S3RL. Re-Con is another artist that has been taking taking the world by storm with the stuff he is doing. There's a lot happening in hardcore right now. Just my thoughts on it though. It's ok to disagree! :)

Defiantly look up the Prodigy, their music might scare you if you like HHC but they are truly iconic and are such an influence to the scene as a whole.

Yeah. Now that I think about it saying that there's one person that influenced an entire genre is a bit a large of a claim. I do feel as if it's a collective thing. As you said, both Gammer and S3RL are able to stay with the times and Hixxy, Breeze, and them are more staying to the old rave style. I haven't heard of Prodigy, so I can't really speak to them and can't make a claim as to their influence on this genre. Scott Brown I've heard of time and time again, and yes he is very influential, as he and Breeze pretty much redefined the genre but I feel like I should clarify that I meant now, in the current state of hardcore rave music, and not then. When I try to think "Who's really pushing the boundaries of Hardcore Rave music nowadays", the only artists that come to mind are Gammer and S3RL.

Anyway, if what I said wasn't clear because I feel like I didn't word it right, lemme know :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewske