Various Shop Bugs, or at least Earth B♭ in this one

VxJasonxV

Dec 10, 2020
Colorado, USA
Hi folks. I'm either going to use this thread on an ongoing basis for errors I find, or if this section is clean because threads are removed after they're fixed, the first of a least a handful of threads I'll be creating.

I'm a data junkie, and I'm working on formalizing S3RL's discography. When I was going through the shop I saw a number of issues, but the first one that I have immediately available to me:

Earth B♭ doesn't have cover art on the purchase page. I can't link it because I'm a new user to the forums here, but I'm pretty sure you're capable of finding the song's page on the store.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 18.24.34.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 18.24.34.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 283

VxJasonxV

Dec 10, 2020
Colorado, USA
A number of pages have a different "Product Code" and format selection label.

On Dopamine for example, Product Code is EMFA126, but the drop down label for MP3 vs WAV, Radio Edit vs DJ Edit, says "EMF126".
Music is my Saviour flips this, Product Code is "EMF091" but the type selection is "EMFA091".
Whirlwind uses "EMFA093" in both.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 20.06.02.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 20.06.02.png
    58 KB · Views: 257

VxJasonxV

Dec 10, 2020
Colorado, USA
MTC (Fiero Speed Remix)'s single page (not the Remix 17 EP bundle page) lists;

MP3 Radio Edit
MP3 DJ Edit
WAV DJ Edit
WAV DJ Edit

(no WAV Radio Edit)

Dunno if it's just mislabeled, I only bought the WAV DJ Edit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 01.37.07.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 01.37.07.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 249

Superman

Owner, Head Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Hi folks. I'm either going to use this thread on an ongoing basis for errors I find, or if this section is clean because threads are removed after they're fixed, the first of a least a handful of threads I'll be creating.

I'm a data junkie, and I'm working on formalizing S3RL's discography. When I was going through the shop I saw a number of issues, but the first one that I have immediately available to me:

Earth B♭ doesn't have cover art on the purchase page. I can't link it because I'm a new user to the forums here, but I'm pretty sure you're capable of finding the song's page on the store.
Fixed this issue :p

Thank you for the report!

Superman

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
A number of pages have a different "Product Code" and format selection label.

On Dopamine for example, Product Code is EMFA126, but the drop down label for MP3 vs WAV, Radio Edit vs DJ Edit, says "EMF126".
Music is my Saviour flips this, Product Code is "EMF091" but the type selection is "EMFA091".
Whirlwind uses "EMFA093" in both.
Both of them are valid, EMF### or EMFA###. EMF is the newer system used for global category class where EMFA### is the old system. They can be used interchangeably but all the new tracks should be stickling to the newer shorter EMF###.

Superman

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
MTC (Fiero Speed Remix)'s single page (not the Remix 17 EP bundle page) lists;

MP3 Radio Edit
MP3 DJ Edit
WAV DJ Edit
WAV DJ Edit

(no WAV Radio Edit)

Dunno if it's just mislabeled, I only bought the WAV DJ Edit.
Just a miss label but that has also been corrected now :)

VxJasonxV

Dec 10, 2020
Colorado, USA
Elysium (S3RL remix) is … corrupted? I'm getting peculiar differing details but in every case they're bad. Just different types of bad.

In Quicktime, the track is read as 3:19, but at 3:04 it abruptly goes silent.
I tried to get a screenshot of the waveforms but an audio editor I use, Fission, just ends at 3:04. I suspect that Quicktime is respecting the MP3 headers, Fission is only reading the audio data. I can't find an audio editor that will show the gap from 3:04 to 3:19. I could elaborate on container versus audio data, what I think is technically wrong, but…

It's pretty obviously corrupted. 15 missing seconds of data and an abrupt, unexpected cutoff. I'm assuming that's not the reason why it's free, and it's somethingsomething licensing instead?

(I still can't add links, I assume that "3 post minimum" is 3 *posts*, not 3 comments in a post.)

Superman

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Elysium (S3RL remix) is … corrupted? I'm getting peculiar differing details but in every case they're bad. Just different types of bad.

In Quicktime, the track is read as 3:19, but at 3:04 it abruptly goes silent.
I tried to get a screenshot of the waveforms but an audio editor I use, Fission, just ends at 3:04. I suspect that Quicktime is respecting the MP3 headers, Fission is only reading the audio data. I can't find an audio editor that will show the gap from 3:04 to 3:19. I could elaborate on container versus audio data, what I think is technically wrong, but…

It's pretty obviously corrupted. 15 missing seconds of data and an abrupt, unexpected cutoff. I'm assuming that's not the reason why it's free, and it's somethingsomething licensing instead?

(I still can't add links, I assume that "3 post minimum" is 3 *posts*, not 3 comments in a post.)
Hey Jason, let me check into this and correct it.

I am pretty sure it is a bug or issue when converting into an MP3.

I will let you know!

Icywhisker

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Catia
Hey! just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who has spent time creating a discography. discogs.com has one, as do I and I know someone else as well who made a list. there was someone else a few years ago here that had an insane list they spent over 300 hours on. I cannot recall who they were though.
anyway, that being said, if you're interested in comparing to my list, PM me and I'll send a link

VxJasonxV

Dec 10, 2020
Colorado, USA
Discogs is one of many sources for reference I'm using, but I don't like Discogs' schema when it comes to API calls and what not. I've used MusicBrainz for something like 15 years now.

I still can't link to anything (seem's it is 3 distinct posts, not 3 comments), but if you're interested, it's not hard to search for MusicBrainz and find S3RL's data.

I'm not claiming everything S3RL on MusicBrainz as my work, it is collaborative, I'm one of many users on the site and working on S3RL's discography data too.

Via code and automation (the code is public but again I can't link) I've put in much less than 300 hours though :).

Superman

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
Discogs is one of many sources for reference I'm using, but I don't like Discogs' schema when it comes to API calls and what not. I've used MusicBrainz for something like 15 years now.

I still can't link to anything (seem's it is 3 distinct posts, not 3 comments), but if you're interested, it's not hard to search for MusicBrainz and find S3RL's data.

I'm not claiming everything S3RL on MusicBrainz as my work, it is collaborative, I'm one of many users on the site and working on S3RL's discography data too.

Via code and automation (the code is public but again I can't link) I've put in much less than 300 hours though :)
Hey Jason, nice work! Just searched it up on MusicBrainz and wow like good Job cataloging things!

It has been hard to keep track of all of S3RL's work over the years, the later stuff is the hardest to sort that is for sure. S3RL back in the day really didn't plan or do anything to even catalog stuff.

Thanks for all your hard work and feel free to message me if you need anymore info on tracks or anything!

Also if you want there are unreleased songs that we put out via the S3RL bundles that could prob be added, check out this for those track names: https://djs3rl.com/shop/The-S3RL-Ultimate-Song-Collection-Extravaganza-MP3?search=bundle

And yeah I did make it harder to post links leading off the site, we were getting lots of spam over the years so it is the only thing that has really helped. Normally it should clear after a few days of general activity on the site.