What artists to you listen to in your free time?

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
Well that's kinda funny, I get asked it a lot. These days when I'm not producing I don't listen to music at all. Because I'm constantly 'musicing' for production and gigs I find that in my free time no music at all is the best way to get re-inspired and come up with new ideas. In saying that I do get to listen to a lot of stuff that isn't my own, it's usually what other people are listening to that I'm around or just stuff that's playing where I go. Which is cool too cos I get to see what other people like and then try to understand why they do.

Back in the day before I was producing, I didn't really start listening to music til after highschool. I went through a few little phases of random genres that would only last for a couple of weeks but ended up on dance music by the time I was about 17. Producing by 18. I listened to euro pop and hard dance that were popular at the time but loved happy hardcore the most when i could find it (it was hard to find back then when the internet was still a baby =P).

Flintlock3r

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 17, 2016
Seattle, Washington
flintlock3r.wix.com
Well that's kinda funny, I get asked it a lot. These days when I'm not producing I don't listen to music at all. Because I'm constantly 'musicing' for production and gigs I find that in my free time no music at all is the best way to get re-inspired and come up with new ideas. In saying that I do get to listen to a lot of stuff that isn't my own, it's usually what other people are listening to that I'm around or just stuff that's playing where I go. Which is cool too cos I get to see what other people like and then try to understand why they do.

Back in the day before I was producing, I didn't really start listening to music til after highschool. I went through a few little phases of random genres that would only last for a couple of weeks but ended up on dance music by the time I was about 17. Producing by 18. I listened to euro pop and hard dance that were popular at the time but loved happy hardcore the most when i could find it (it was hard to find back then when the internet was still a baby =P).
I find that interesting, because my journey was kinda like yours but expanded over a longer period of time. I started listening to music during Jr. high school and got into euro and house freshman year of high school. From there I essentially made my way up into harder and harder styles. Instead of weeks, I would be hooked on a genre for a few months.
I began producing in 2013 and at the time I was into hands-up and hard dance so that's what I started producing. I got into UK hardcore a year ago, and instead of going into harder styles like gabber and noisecore, I decided to stay here :3