Least favourite S3RL song

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
This is purely for my own curiosity, but I'd like to know what everyone's least favourite song of mine is...? Maybe with a short explanation as to why, as well. Thanks =)

I'll be asking for your favourite songs a little later in the year so just hold on to those for now ;)

KawaiiKiki

Moderator, Little Kandi Raver
Aug 7, 2015
soundcloud.com
Hmm least favorite hah. I guess some of the newer stuff made for festivals or something you made tracks for they have like Name Date type of deal in the title. It sounds really commercialized/stereotypical to me but I guess it's ok since that was the demographic usually attracted to them go to those events. I do not have really have anything bad to say, I just think the limits pushed, shows in your work. I am sorry if this doesn't make sense or is not nice! I do however like a lot of your music!!!!

Bakari

Feb 8, 2016
Perm, Russia
Probably it's not nice of me to join the forum and jump right in this thread, but I feel like I have to say it.

The thing I liked the least is Hentai. The reasons are fairly simple, the sound was pretty "heavy" to my taste, while the hentai is associated with something more vanilla to me. Hence, I was feeling some kind of dissonance, but I think it's just me. Overall, it was a great work, even though I personally didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the other tracks.

Bad_Wolf_Queen

S3RL Super Fan
Jun 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
I definitely know mine ;3 FTW. At least Line of Blow is like a little catchy (haven't listened to it in a looong time so I think it is?) but FTW is like eww no thanks I didn't like the vocals or the lyrics or the beats... yep -m-

Reactions: chomp246

Superman

Owner, Head Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 2, 2015
Canada, Ontario
djs3rl.com
This is purely for my own curiosity, but I'd like to know what everyone's least favourite song of mine is...? Maybe with a short explanation as to why, as well. Thanks =)

I'll be asking for your favourite songs a little later in the year so just hold on to those for now ;)
As for me, this question may be kinda bias since i am a pretty big fan of all your stuff :p (I did make this site after all XD)

I feel like every song you make really fit's a moment, i normally listen to songs based on my emotions.
I have listened to pretty much every S3RL song (Pretty Sure XD) and i don't really have any bad songs come to mind. Well i like how your style has been evolving, but i am probably going against the normal S3RL fan base but i do enjoy the harder styles, songs like Want it Harder, but i am the kinda guy that loves all the styles even gabber sooo it is kinda subjective. XD

But yeah that's all i can say without writing a story over here :p

S3RL

The Real S3RL
Staff member
The Real S3RL
Apr 5, 2015
KawaiiKiki Thank you, that was actually very helpful. I always ask why people don't like the 'new stuff' but they can never actually explain how it's different to the old stuff. No one has ever said that it's because of the more commercial sound to it, which totally makes sense. It's a tricky situation because to stay musically relevant you have to adapt to the new sounds out there but at the same time I want to keep 'my' sound. I will definitely have to think about that some more! =)

Bakari Haha yeah with Hentai, it was just time for another hard track. Every so often I like to do them, Dealer, Bass **** etc. I try to keep them spread out and I don't usually get the urge to make them that often, anyway.

Bad_Wolf_Queen Oh yeah I'm not really a fan of FTW either =P That's what happens when I do remixes of tracks I'm not really into to start with. Another reason why I don't like doing collabs.

Superman I will have to keep trying to make something you hate ;)

Razor Sharp

Aug 6, 2015
Planet Kandi

My least favorite songs are "When I Die" and "Starlight Starbright" because of that annoying Razor Sharp guy rapping in them :mad:
But on a serious note I'm in the same boat as Superman so this is difficult for me. I really like your new stuff where you lean a little towards a mainstream sound(as they say) I think it's really refreshing, with me it still sounds like all S3RL so many of tunes and sounds that I'm familiar with in your works.
I :h: the I guess 'Newer style' if that's what we are going to call it, like "Candy" "Catchit" "Hentai" They are all absolutely bonkers!! At the end of the day I prefer my big riffs and pounding traditional HHC beats(most likely because I come from the old school days) but at the same time I :h: these crazy master pieces with all the edits and effects you do, it's really enlightening and stimulating ;)
Sorry I couldn't answer this question :( I :h: it all!!!!!!!!!!!!! In different ways :p

For me the half of the russe track sound like a remake of an already existing song like ''candy and toxic'' ''pit stop and old stuff'' or ''genre police and galleriet'' I don't hate them but it just feel like the same song.

Im not really into talking song either like ''dumbass statuses'' and ''yeah science'' even if I love the youtubers in the song and I think I would have prefer a remix of a filthy frank song from his album

And I think a lot of your older songs could've been done way better with the talent you have right now.

Also the yelling in Casual N00b is really annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: KawaiiKiki

Björn

May 28, 2015
Germany
My last favorite song is "When I Die" because I love the melody after the rap part. Even all in all it sounds like every part "flows" to the other.

The newer song "Candy" is diffrent.
It's hard to find out why, but I think it sounds kind of monotone.
In my mind the songs should be "colorfull" in melody whith some higher and lower parts.(like in "Next Time"(even verry Gold) the text part and then the part after "will i see you again, next time...(and the beat drops).

But the preview of your newest song sounds verry good (I love vocaloids!). I am counting the days to the release date.

Reactions: Razor Sharp

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA

I'll be asking for your favourite songs a little later in the year so just hold on to those for now7 ;)

Hmm, This is hard for me because I almost have 100 songs of yours & I like them all, So I don't really have a least favorite. Although when Casual N00b came out, I didn't like it. I don't know why, I just didn't. But after I gave it a chance and listened to it with my headphones I ended up really really liking it, same thing for Put Your Phones Up.

Sorry that I don't have a least favorite. I just REALLY like a lot of your songs so I honestly can't single any out in particular, They all have wonderful beats & Most of them have awesome words! :D

EDIT - After reading all the comments, I have to say I agree with Superman & RazorSharp, I like everything I hear, especially the harder stuff! but I think that's because I like the harder stuff in generl. But you make some really good hard stuff when you do & i'm always super happy when you make one! :)

Last edited:

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
;p
My least favorite got to be put your phones up. I don't know why truly it is a good song it just is my least favorite outta my favorite songs tho.

Feel the same way. I love the beat, but for some reason I just didn't like it. I guess it's cause of how many times it says put your phones up. It really bugged me at first but now i'm used to it & really like the song.

Yet I still got the song anyway... :p

Last edited:

Elys!um

Mar 3, 2016
;p

Feel the same way. I love the beat, but for some reason I just didn't like it. I guess it's cause of how many times it says put your phones up. It really bugged me at first but now i'm used to it & really like the song.

Yet I still got the song anyway... :p

But I honestly feel that way about a lot of songs that say the same thing over & over again like it does in out your phones up. I felt the same way about Casual N00b at first & even though I LOVE the song 'Bass ****' with all my heart, It annoyed me at first when it says 'Big fat hard dicks' in it over and over again, not when it says it in the other words, just when it says it a bunch of times in a row.
same here I love the songs but it just wasn't my style at first.

Reactions: savannahall
Jun 21, 2015
Brazil
soundcloud.com
That's quite a difficult question.

But I guess it would be ''Transformers''. I'm not really all that into Transformers, neither the movies nor the series nor anything, I'll admit that I do like the melody and all, but I don't give two sh**s about Transformers.

Lupiiz

Jun 6, 2015
Guatemala
My least favorite got to be put your phones up. I don't know why truly it is a good song it just is my least favorite outta my favorite songs tho.
Yes true I didn't remember that song but now I think it's my least favorite song

I definitely know mine ;3 FTW. At least Line of Blow is like a little catchy (haven't listened to it in a looong time so I think it is?) but FTW is like eww no thanks I didn't like the vocals or the lyrics or the beats... yep -m-

Wow, I found both of them songs extremely catchy, 20% BECAUSE of the vocals!
And they are both in my top 50 somwhere hehe.
But I like all of s3rls songs, especialy my top 100!
You can find my top 100 in a playlist called 'The best of s3rl' on spotify if you wanna see it, same username :p

Reactions: Icywhisker

Icywhisker

Huge Site Supporter
S3RL Super Fan
Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Catia
Doof Doof Untz Untz for sure. I just found it really annoying to hear it on repeat. I guess it was just those words because the other songs you've made, repeat and yet I love them. IDK maybe it's just me

Reactions: Jaisbalance
Jun 21, 2015
Brazil
soundcloud.com
Doof Doof Untz Untz for sure. I just found it really annoying to hear it on repeat. I guess it was just those words because the other songs you've made, repeat and yet I love them. IDK maybe it's just me

REPITITIVENESS FTW

Seriously though, Doof Doof Untz Untz might be annoying for some people, but for me, yes, a few of his tracks are a bit repetitive, the difference is, that Doof Doof Untz Untz is MEANT to be repetitive and that's why I love it so much.

Reactions: savannahall

savannahall

S3RL Super Fan
Aug 26, 2015
Florida, USA
REPITITIVENESS FTW

Seriously though, Doof Doof Untz Untz might be annoying for some people, but for me, yes, a few of his tracks are a bit repetitive, the difference is, that Doof Doof Untz Untz is MEANT to be repetitive and that's why I love it so much.

Yes yes yes! Now usually when he releases a song that says something in it over & over again I'm annoyed at first but I like it after a few times of listening to it. But I must say that I didn't even get that feeling at all with Doof Doof Untz Untz. That song is probably in my top 5 favorite! AND My 3 year old brother Hunter, LOVEs 'Doof Doof' as he calls it. Every time I dance he runs over and says 'Nana wanna doof doof?' and I say Hunter, PLAY DOOF DOOF! And he runs over and selects it! So I love that song! :h: